This website provides information on the different types of anxiety, the causes of anxiety and what you can do to help yourself if you are worried or anxious. However, you may feel you would like to contact someone to talk about anxiety. If you would like to talk to someone you can contact one of the following:
- Your General Practitioner (GP) or local doctor. If you don’t have a doctor and need to find one in your area go to National Health Services Direct www.nhsd.com.au. Here you will be able to find your closest General Practice, Pharmacy or Hospital.
- Nurse on call 24 hour helpline – 1800 022 222. Based on your symptoms a registered nurse will transfer you to an after hours GP service if needed.
- Beyondblue 24 hour help line – 1300 224 636 or visit www.beyondblue.org.au to chat on the web between 4pm and 10pm 7 days per week.
- Pregnancy, birth and baby helpline – 1800 882 436 or visit www.pregnancybirthbaby.org.au
- Kids helpline A 24 hour helpline for young people up to the age of 25 years - 1800 55 1800 or email a counsellor, or do web counselling www.kidshelp.com.au
- SANE Call: 1800 18 7263 (between 9am-5pm) weekdays or visit them online www.sane.org
- To find a registered psychologist contact The Australian Psychological Society Call Toll free 1800 333 497 or visit www.psychology.org.au/community/referrals
If it is urgent that you speak with someone call:
- 000 for an emergency
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- The suicide call back service 1300 659 467